Thursday, March 20, 2008

Funny Games


I see a lot of films. Also, I will see just about anything. I will try not to write about every film I see on this blog because it would just turn into a movie review blog. If i see something worth talking about though I will definitely discuss. So I met some people the other night to see Funny Games. And I pretty much.... HATED IT.
Good acting but just painful. I felt like it was basically written to frustrate the viewer. There are some heated debates going on. Some think this is genious and others crap. I'm going to go with crap. Funny sidenote: we went to the tower and as we were walking in I saw the dvd to The Piano Teacher and pointed at it and proceeded to tell everyone how much I hated it. Turns out they are both directed by cute and cuddly Michael Haneke. I have always wanted to see the film Cache but now I just don't know because I am 0 for 2 with this sadistic dude. If you have seen any of these let me know what you thought. Ooh, the poster is so good though.

7 comments:

kathryn said...

cache sucked too.
i think this dude probably just sucks.
love, kath

Jo said...

whoa. you hated a movie? i don't think this has happened in... ever. now i'm torn, i totally wanted to see this.

Dirk said...

I knew some would be so happy that I comfortably can say I hated a movie. Funny how there is a contrast of people who think I can't like a movie. I HATED IT!

The Hartle's said...

Hey Dirk!
How are you, I love the blog, dont worry I stalked you through Heidis blog!
Trisha

Dirk said...

I love blog stalking!

jessika said...

Dirky-dirk... how have you managed to convince people that you are incapable of hating a movie? You're like the biggest pop culture snob of my life. No offense though. I fully appreciate that about you. :)

Dirk said...

Seriously Jessika, it confounds me. People just don'e get it. People think I like everything! Then people think I won't like anything with a budget. Who knows. Pop Culture Snob? That has a good ring to it.